Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Garage Sale Dresser Makeover

Back in the fall, I was searching Craigslist for a dresser that I could use for a media stand in the living room.  I wanted it to be long and somewhat short (as opposed to a chest of drawers), but I could never quite find what I wanted.

While driving JP to class one morning, I saw this guy sitting in a yard sale.  I stopped in on the way home, and did a quick check. Drawers work? check. Can I make it cute? check.  Priced right? CHECK!
So I hauled this bad boy home in the back of my mini-van and immediately got to work making it gorgeous!
Check it out now!
I stripped the top of the dresser, and stained it (Minwax English Chestnut). I then spray painted the bottom (Rustoleum Heirloom White). I thought I would want to find new hardware, but once it was painted, I kind of liked it.
Before:
 After:
Just for fun, here is a photo of the this area before paint and with the old entertainment armoire:
And, here is how it looks now (after I've cleared off all the video games and controllers, of course!)

Ahhhh... it's nice to see improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment